The wedding vow

7:38 PM Cassie 1 Comments

The most beautiful work of literature are the ones that were written with heart, and with truth. Have you read (or heard) Ms. Pauleen Luna's wedding vow to her now husband, Mr. Vic Sotto? It was written with so much genuinity and passion-- truly caused by love that is beyond what we know, beyond what we see, but could be felt. The wedding vow of hers is the most beautiful piece I have read (and heard) in such a long time. By just reading it, you will understand what I mean so I am sharing it to everyone. I will allow you to feel that different feeling I felt upon reading it on your own.

“We were tested so many times but we survived because of one reason. And that reason is God.
He was with us in every single struggle. He always made us realize the worth of each other and he didn’t allow us to fall apart.
You are a great person, Vic.
Despite the success, you have unbelievable humility, you have a heart that’s always ready to help.
You are kind even if you’re not aware of it.
Your love [for] your children is immeasurable. And your love [for] God is beautiful.
I’m blessed to have you, and see the goodness in you and to know the real you.
You made me see that true love knows no age, no boundaries.
Beyond [what] the eyes can see, that true love is felt. That true love is [a] gift from above. Thank you.
Thank you for sticking out with me this far. Thank you for fighting for me.
Thank you for allowing me to love and care for you, for making me the best version of myself.
Thank you for respecting me, my parents, and my values.
For loving me the best possible way you can. I know that you’re trying your best.
I cannot promise a life without arguments, petty fights, and misunderstandings, but I promise to understand you every single time.
I promise to respect you, your decisions.
I promise to take care of you, put your needs before mine, and give all the love and attention that you deserve.
And most importantly, I promise to love your children the way I love you.
Remember from this day on, we are one.
Your problems are my problems.
Your pain is my pain.
Your success is my success, and your happiness is mine.
I will hold your hand through this whole journey and will not let go. Thank you and I love you.”



Get what I mean now? It was a living testimony of how love could change a person so beautifully. Every love story may have their similarity to others, but each of them will always have something unique in them. Going through a lot is not an excuse to just stop believing that you could love or that someone could love you, because you will never know unless you let yourself be loved and to love.

In this vow, one of the things that really, really caught me is, "I cannot promise a life without arguments, petty fights, and misunderstandings, but I promise to understand you every single time." It takes so much courage, so much bravery to say this. I know that they could be just words that are pleasing to ears, but these words are something that we do not always hear, and that's really something-- speaks a lot about purity of intentions.

I hope that one day, I will be able to write or compose a vow that is at least almost as beautiful as this one. I hope that I will be able to meet that one person who could inspire me to write such a beautiful piece, not because I am marrying him, but because it is the truth and he deserves it. I hope that one day when I finally meet him, I no longer have to think because whatever it is that comes out of me is nothing, but what our relationship is really about.

I know that someday I would be able to meet that someone who will deserve a beautiful vow and I hope that same vow will always be my inspiration of keeping our story alive.


You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Pretty emotional post! This remembered me of my vows and their charming effect on my life. It was one of the supercilious wedding venues NYC and a soothing day with perfect arrangements last year. Flowers and attractive ambience with romantic music was fantasizing. Everyone praised the quality arrangements done by dad. It was undoubtedly an unforgettable day of my life.

    ReplyDelete