On a post-breakup still

8:43 PM Cassie 0 Comments


You look at her as if she is a pink diamond that someone might steal away the moment you look somewhere else, as if the moment you look away, she'll just go away and take your last breath with her. Your smile to her is so genuine it hurts to see it. Your laugh is so heartfelt that I have never heard you laugh that way before with me. Your eyes are smiling even without trying to curve your lips into one. You're so happy I could not help but wonder, did you ever felt that way with me?

You describe her like she is a gem that shines even from a thousand miles away. You admire her the way you admire your favorite singer for more than a decade. You called her your best thing ever. Don't you think it's a little unfair with me?

While I love seeing you smiling so genuine, I could not help but wonder, did I ever mean to you that way, too? Did you ever love me that way? Were you only mine by label, and never by heart?

I love you, but no amount of love I am willing to give would suffice to cover up the pain.


But for one time, I wish you could tell me the answers to all my questions, even if asking them are already so many years late. But at one point in time, I wish I was also your best thing ever even if it is only because I am all you have, and you got no other choice.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: