The facade

6:39 PM Cassie 0 Comments


I smile and pretend that everything's okay,
that I am as whole as I can be
when in the inside,
I am just purely broken into pieces,
broken beyond repair.

Most people have not noticed,
and will never notice,
the little sad smiles I show off
when I think others aren't looking,
when I think others won't give me a second glance.

They think I'm brave, and I thought so, too,
but I am no longer sure.
Does pretending to be fine when I'm too shattered
a sign that I am a strong girl?
Or just a proof that I am an entirely coward person?

I seem to feel now that I am the latter one.
It feels like I am too scared to face reality
that I chose to run away instead,
as far as I can,
as fast as I want to.

Is escaping a sign of being strong and brave?
I'd like to think so, but I know it isn't.
I want to stop running away,
but I can't... just yet.
So, for now, maybe I'll just go on putting this facade.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: