To my old best friend's new best friend:

4:20 PM Cassie 0 Comments

She's tough,
she's stubborn,
she's moody.
But I hope you see the reasons
why I love her so much
and more.
I hope you realize
she deserves to be loved
and to be cared for.
I hope you are able
to look beyond what she shows you.

She's a smiling girl
on the outside,
but she's struggling
in the inside.
She refuses to show her tears
masqueraded by warm smiles.
And sometimes,
even if you ask her what's wrong,
she'll never tell.

I hope you don't get tired
of how lovable and annoying she is
as much as I never did.
Even if she was the one
who got tired of me
I know she still deserves
to be not left alone.

She's gone through a lot of battles
but she chose not to show that.
Look at her face closely,
and you'll find traces of the past
that marked her ever since.
Listen to her voice slowly,
and you'll hear her break a little
when no one's paying attention that much.

She's fragile
and that's why she was my best friend.
I was the stronger one.
She needed me,
when everyone else turned their back on her.
But through time,
we turned out to become both weak.
I guess she didn't want to face
my battles too
when she knows she has a lot of her own.

At first.
I tried to keep in touch,
refusing to throw away all of those years
we slowly built.
But it's so difficult to hold on
when the only person you hold on to
was the first one to let go.
I just wish she held on to me
the way I did with her.

Now,
I'm not sure anymore how she is.
I see her photos with her familiar smile
and it hurts to not know anymore
anything about her.
Can you tell her
that I miss her?
Can you tell her
that I'm still here
waiting for those unresponded messages
to be answered?
Can you tell her
that I worry a lot?
Can you tell her
that she could still run to me?
Can you tell her
that I love her more than she thinks?

You're her best friend now.
I hope you don't let her go
the way she let me go.
She's not flawless,
but she's worth it.
Please,
do take care of her.
Years from now,
I want to see her again genuinely happy
and be able to thank you
for helping her to be like that,
for doing all the things
she refused to let me do for her
and for keeping your promise.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: